Developing this project in such a linear way means I can really understand my needs and constraints. I now have a clear set of requirements of what my unknown device must do.
- WiFi connectivity
- 433Mhz RF emission
- Serial port for debugging reasons
- Have 3 buttons to trigger the same commands as the original remote
- Be powered by a 5v micro usb power supply
I also have an idea of what I would like the device to do
- Receive and emit IR signals: to control and be controlled via typical IR devices such as TV’s and air conditioners
- Drive a 12V RGBW LED strip
- Battery powered
For these last two, I was really feature creeping. The reason behind it is that I am planning to order PCBs online to one of those cheap chinese manufacturing services and the minimum order is 10 PCBS. This way I can have several designs on one PCB and I can populate only the components I need.
I’ve been looking